- Queen City Sausage is now the “Official Bratwurst and Mettwurst” of the Cincinnati Reds. We continue to deepen our support and relationship with the Reds. Additional Queen City products, including a Super Dog, garlic franks, and andouille can be found at the stadium.
- Queen City Sausage is reaching out to local charity run events by creating a new product sampling program. The Queen City Sampling Team and event volunteers will be serving the new Beef and Swiss as well as Goetta. Look for our two new sample booths at events including the Heart Mini Marathon, Flying Pig, Great Strides Walk, March of Dimes, Komen Race for the Cure, Reggae Run, and more. The samples are free and help support the charity causes.
- All new sample vehicle is here. In order to accomplish our commitment to supporting the local charity events we have acquired an all new Ford Transit Connect. Look for a bright red van displaying delicious images of Queen City brats and metts! The van is designed to make people very hungry!!!
- Brian Thomas continues as our radio spokesperson on 55KRC. Brian’s role is to keep an informative conversation going with our current customers as well as attract new customers. Jerry is a great part of Cincinnati and we are proud of our association with him.
- 2012: New equipment has arrived! This includes a meat chopper, the backbone of sausage making machinery and an all new stuffing machine. These additions will compliment existing equipment and ensure our ability to fill orders both large and small.
- 2014-15 New building: An all new 14,000 + square foot production facility is in the early planning stages. The building will be next to the existing Queen City Sausage facility.
- February 1st marked the 50th year anniversary for Elmer Hensler and Queen City Sausage.
- New Goetta Dawg to launch in Cincinnati, Dayton, and NKY Kroger Stores. The Goetta Dawg is fully cooked goetta and is in a sausage link. Great on the grill. Delicious!
- Queen City Sausage is expanding into Kroger stores in Columbus and northern and eastern Ohio and throughout the state of Indiana, including Indianapolis and parts of Illinois.
- 2016 was our first full year in the new 14,000 sq. ft. addition. The addition further streamlined our process and allows for additional capacity.
- 2016 saw the wildly successful Goetta Slices take hold in the marketplace. The 18 oz. pack contains 12 each, 1.5 ounce patties sealed in an airtight, Cryovac film. Convenience at a great price rule here.
- 2016 was a year for tuning up the Sausage Factory property. We stepped back and looked at cosmetic improvements such as painting, signage, and new fencing. We do this not only because we are proud but also to show our commitment to the Cincinnati' Camp Washington neighborhood where we reside.
- 2016: Our street address (Straight Street) saw the additional name "Elmer Hensler Way" added. This was both an honor and a tribute to our founder and president
- 2017 is the year for another new product introduction. In February, the new Dinner for 2 sausage line will be available. There are 4 varieties: 8 OZ. Smoked Sausage, 8 OZ. Smoked Kielbasa, 6.4 OZ. Smoked Sausage with Real Cheddar Cheese, and the 6.4 OZ. Beef Smoked Sausage. Each package contains 2 fully cooked sausage links. Just the right amount for busy people and empty nesters. Mix and match. Try them all!
- 2017 will see a new sausage packaging machine added. Packaging machines are the "workhorses" of our business and are major purchases. We all gather and work out the details to ensure that we get the very best equipment that delivers the quality standards we expect.
Top Selling Products
Smoked Sausage (Mettwurst)
Our number one product!
Hot Smoked Sausage (Mettwurst)
Just the right amount of spice!
Cincinnati white style with a dash of parsley.
Premium product. Treasured recipe!
Zebra Pack Brats & Metts
Enjoy the best of both flavors in one package.
From original to garlic. All meat. No fillers.
Still made the old fashioned way. All meat! No fillers.
Hams & Roast Beef
Premium products. Great for sandwiches!
Are great for seasoning too!